Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer

Monday, September 5, 2011

Thursday September 1 Herceptin Day

Went and got my herceptin went pretty well.  You know even though you have a port it still hurts when they put that needle in, but once you get passed that, it is easy.  I get a little nauseous afterwards, that usually lasts for about one day, and get a little tired.  Been walking a lot lately which is great, I get sore the next day but my legs seem to be getting better. My hair continues to grow back, and my nails.  My toe nails still some problems but that will heal in time.  I get tired easily but hey I still hang in there.  Being around friends and family help so much. 

I can say that I am taking one day at at time.  You still remember the day you are diagnosed, you still remember sometimes the fears, but you continue to carry on, and smile and not let people know those thoughts.  You sometimes wish things were different, miss some people who are gone, but then you realize what is around and are so grateful. 

I can say I feel very brave for what I have fought, I did it with opens eyes.  Giving up is not me, and I am lucky to have a man in my life that sticks by me no matter what.  Believe me in life that is hard to find. He made this problem his fight as well, and we fought together. 

On that note, I can say I will take one day at a time and always be grateful. Love you Roel.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Nancy..you are a strong fighter and so positive just like my Mom always was ..you keep fighting and stay strong..you are a true hero just like my Momma...RIP MOM <3 I LOVE AND MISS YOU!!

    ReplyDelete