Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer

Friday, February 25, 2011

My chemo and Herceptin Treatment

I went on Thurrsday February 24, 2011, saw the doctor first to ask questions and get things taken care of.  He tried to feel for the lump under my arm was hard to find this time which is great.  In the hospital the lump was about one inch and very sore. We learned a lot about diet and what is the best for me going through treatment.

My treatment went pretty good, took a while during my chemo treatment had a small reaction, got really flushed for a few seconds and then could not stop coughing. They got that under control and all was good. Then they hung my herceptin and that went in very good. I had no problems when I got home but I was tired it was a long day was there from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.  They have little tvs which are great, I watched the food channel yummy. 

I got home and ate felt a little nausea but not too bad.  Went to bed early to get some rest.

Got up today not too bad a little tired, my body is sore which is normal. Appetite kind of slight but make myself eat.  They told me 10 days after treatment to eat protein which will help me a lot get my strength.

I was really scared yesterday but kept my spirits up.  Went in positive and stayed strong.  This is such an experience you learn something each time you go to get treatment on what to do, what to eat and what will happen.  I am staying strong with so much support. 

Sometimes things are thrown your way it is how you look at them and approach them.  I am not giving up on anything that is for sure.  My next treatment March 17 so I get a three week break which is nice to recover. 

My husband has become such a great cook all healthy things and I feel great and the hugs and support from him help me so much.  Thank you!

I still cry especially when I see I am bald but then realize all I have in my life and the tears soon go away.  For the next 10 days I have to stay home since my immune system is low but that is okay I keep busy reading, working and doing things that keep me positive. Whatever it takes I do and I know I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment