Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chemo Treatment

On March 17, treatment number 3.  Got good news from the doctor he said my tumor markers are down from 400 to 200 so the chemo is working.  Well it better be! You go through so much, your body just aches and for it now to work holy cow. 

The following day I was just so sick, my stomach would not settle at all.  I was so sick up all night.  When I finally got some relief on Saturday morning I was able to sleep but boy did it wipe me out.  You just never know what you will go through with this chemo.  It seems each time it is different.  You get frustrated that is for sure.  You dont want to be a burden but you just have no choice but to ask for help.  It took about four days for my stomach to calm down and then the body aches start.  Every joint in your body hurts even your fingers.  But I get up each day and function, not going to get down over this at all. 

It is wednesday today still hurt, but got up and did what I could in the house and will rest.  I am not going to give up you cannot. If you just sit there and let it control you it will win and cancer is not going to win.  I also joined a support group online which is great.  I have talked to several women and you know what my problems seem meek compared to them. 

One woman told me cancer is just a word, do not let it win.  Just be thankful each day you can wake up and see the sun.  It is true.  I am thankful for so much. I will never give up.  Thankful for all the prayers and support it helps me so much and makes me stronger every day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy,

    Just thinking of you! Good news re tumor markers - keep that positive visualization going because it's working! Either that or it's the french fries.....
    Looking forward to taking you and Roel out to dinner when you're really feeling hungry.
    Nancy, when I worked at U.C.D. in the Pediatric Oncology Dept. I monitored over 300 children that were either in some phase of their cancer treatment or later, after they were in remission and went off to live their lives. Until I got hired to do that job I took so much for granted! I had a whole drawer full of "miracles" and so I know that all those damned cancer cells are doing is taking up space in your body where the "good cells" are supposed to be. That's it. So you keep telling those cells to take a hike and die - and that you want the rest of your life to enjoy as fully as possible. Then, when you are in full remission, we'll go and celebrate your victory. I can see it - can't you?

    ReplyDelete